I am an independent user / customer researcher and user experience designer.
I help people design products and services which meet the needs of users / customers / people by putting users / customers / people at the heart of the design process.
Here are some things I am good at:
- User research. Including contextual research, usability testing, and desk research. I am really good at conducting depth interviews with project and organisation stakeholders and with users / customers / people.
- Capturing and presenting insights from user research including using personas, user journeys, and scenarios to inform design processes.
- Organising, facilitating, and participating in co-design activities and workshops.
- Using user research to apply usable structures to content through information architecture and content design.
- Sketching and creating prototypes of all kinds to explore, test, and communicate design ideas.
- Teaching, coaching, mentoring, and public speaking.
- Writing, including a published book on prototyping.
- Helping small businesses. I am good at using my empathy skills to help make good decisions about people (including employees, clients, and suppliers).